Dear God...It's me, Donielle

Everyday I wake up and go through my typical routine:/ Shower, hair, make-up, get kids ready for school, make my husband's breakfast, carpool, Baby Deb time, housework, carpool, take the kids to whatever sport they are in for the season...Son is a football player & my oldest daughter takes competitive gymnastics for LSU....and let's not forget church in all that. So, I have decided to blog on my everyday moments just being me and needing that break...when you look up to the sky when you've just realized your gas light is on and your stuck in traffic, and say "Dear God...It's me, Donielle"......



Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day :))

Mother's Day!!  I was so blessed:)  I was completely spoiled by my husband & children.  It says a lot when your husband truly thinks that you are a great Mother.  When both parents agree on how to raise your children it makes parenting so much easier.  One mistake that I see parents make is that there are no "grey" areas when it comes to right & wrong!  Its very simple....Right is Right & Wrong is Wrong!!  Some parents tend to want to be their child's friend instead of teaching them the values that they need to become a moral responsible person.  I am far from perfect...I have my own share of sins just like everyone else....So I do not think that I am above anyone or think too highly of myself...BUT...Children have friends...only one (maybe 2) sets of parents....Stear your children in the right path so that every generation becomes greater than the one before.  Raise your children in church so that they will have a moral compass that will lead them to know the words of the Holy Bible.  Some may stray, but with the teachings of the word, they will find their way home.  Mother's love your Sons...You should be the woman in their life until they take a wife.  Father's show your son how to treat a woman.  Be nice, gentle, never hit, be strong and giving yet firm.  Father's love your daughters so they will not seek attention from boys in ways that are unholy.  Mother's love your daughters and show them how to be a respectful moral beautiful woman.  To treasure her body as her temple.  These things are so important.  I never want my children to grow up and say "I wish my Mom had done.......or I wish my Mom hadn't......."  I want my children to grow up and be the best that can be and follow their dreams but educated to know what a dream is and what reality is.  I was blessed by God with two perfectly healthy children and I promise them on everything that I have....I will not fail you.  I will do everything in my power to make sure you succeed!  Thank you again to my wonderful husband and children who made my Mother's Day the best one I have ever had:))  God sprinkled love all over my house this weekend.  I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment